|In 20 minutes, you could be swimming in this!|
Here's a video of how to make it, and the recipe is listed below:
- 1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (if making salted-caramel)
- Add sugar to small pan, being careful not to get any sugar on the sides
- Carefully pour the water in to the pan without splashing the sides.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar melts and turns the desired color (somewhere between iced-tea for light caramel and Coca-cola for dark caramel).
- Heat the cream in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Add the cream a little bit at a time as it will bubble up.
- Once all the cream is added and stirred in, stir in the butter a few tablespoons at a time.
- Pour the caramel onto a heat-safe plate.
- If making the salted caramel, sprinkle 1/2 tsp course salt over the surface of the caramel.
- Let cool and use as needed.